New build? Conversion? Renovation? Part-build? Property development finance is funding for either major new building projects or comprehensive renovations. We can source finance for residential, commercial and mixed-use developments.
- Fast turnaround of your application, giving you an approval in principle in as little as 24 hours
- Market leading timescale for releasing the funds for your development
- Lending up to 75% Loan to Cost or a maximum of 60% of the Gross Development Value (GDV)
- Flexible terms based on your development plans
- Loans for new build, conversion, or refurbishment developments from £250,000.00, including mixed use and student accommodation developments
- Flexible loan terms up to 24 months on simple or complex developments – Interest rates set on a deal by deal basis
What sort of rate can you expect to pay?
- There are no set rates for property development finance. That’s where we come in. We have access to the whole market and work with a panel of specialist property development lenders and other institutions, including our own in-house lenders to find the right match and negotiate the best rate for each proposition.
- The lenders assess each application individually and price according to the strength of the development proposition and the borrower. We have years of experience in this field. We know what information should be included within an application and how best to present it for submission.
- That’s not to say we can’t give you an idea of what you might expect to pay. At the moment, a good benchmark starts from around 6.0%. Usually the interest can be rolled up into the loan, so there are no monthly payments.
How much can you borrow?
- The loan amount is based on a percentage of the Gross Development Value (GDV) at the end of the work, currently up to a maximum of 60% loan to GDV, with a maximum of 75% of the total costs. Typically we work with developers looking for funding from as little as £250,000.00 through to projects needing finance in excess of £25 million. There really isn’t an upper limit but if you want to borrow a smaller amount, a refurbishment loan is likely to be more suitable.
- Loans are normally structured to ensure that the developer’s contribution is utilised up front with the lender providing the majority, if not all of the build costs. It is usual for funds to be drawn down in stages against architect’s or quantity surveyor’s certificates.
How long can you borrow for?
- A property development loan is usually arranged on an interest only basis and the term of the loan would typically be 6 to 18 months depending on the size and nature of the underlying project. Usually the interest can be rolled up into the loan, so there are no initial monthly payments.
- We negotiate finance requirements with a full panel of property development lenders and other financial institutions to provide the right ‘match’ to the project.
Why choose Get Me Finance?
Get Me Finance has access to the whole mortgage market. Both as a business and individually we have nurtured our relationships with private and high street banks helping us achieve lending decisions which may be unavailable through other channels. At a time when gaining access to mortgage finance is becoming increasingly challenging, our knowledgeable finance brokers and helpful administrators aim to make the task of financing or re-financing your property as quick and painless as possible.
- Competitive bespoke mortgage solutions, sometimes on exclusive terms
- Personalised and distinguished service
- Excellent relations with mortgage lenders
- Experienced in arranging large residential development loans
- Competitive rates and flexible terms